The Turtle Bay way is one wedding per day
Tie the knot at Turtle Bay Beach Club in the tropical paradise set amongst exotic and beautifully landscaped gardens or on the gorgeous beach with the expertise help of our wedding coordinator.
You can sit back and relax while all the organizing and paperwork is done for you.
- Pedicure & manicure for the bride
- Massage for the groom
- A beautifully decorated gazebo with fresh tropical flowers
- Specially woven flower garlands on the door after the ceremony
- Decorated chairs for the bride and groom with a flower center piece for the table
- Two bottles sparkling wine at the reception
- Fresh flower bouquet for the bride, buttonhole for the groom
- Wedding cake 1 tier
- Services of a best man /maids if necessary
- Preparation of documentation
- 48 pictures on CD
- Arranging the ceremony
- Legal fees, Organizing the registrar and fees
- Wedding certificate
- Church choir or Maasai dancers
- Bride to arrive by camel or couple to depart by camel for beach walk
- Dhow wedding (book in advance) park fees are extra charge
- Wedding greeting with a photo sent by email to pre arranged list, Gala dinner
- Breakfast in bed
Tie the knot at Turtle Bay Beach Club in the tropical paradise set amongst exotic and beautifully landscaped gardens or on the gorgeous beach with the expertise help of our wedding coordinator. You can sit back and relax while all the organizing and paperwork is done for you.
- Upgrade from Club to Lamu room (on availability)
- Flower garland at arrival
- Basket of fruits in the room
- A bottle of sparkling wine
- Flower-decoration in the room
- Honeymooner photo
- Email service: sending honeymooner photo to family/friends
- Breakfast in bed
- Special dinner on the beach or in our a la carte restaurant
We will need copies of the documents six weeks prior to travel, please bring the original documents with you.
- Passport copies OR Kenyan ID cards for the bride & groom
- Birth certificates for the bride and groom
- Addresses and occupations of the bride and groom
- If one of the parties is a divorcee – divorcee certificate
- If widow / widower death certificate of the former spouse
- Full names and occupations of the bride and grooms parents
- If single – an affidavit stamped by a commissioner for oaths stating that you have never been married before
- If names have changed by deed poll – legal proof
- If adopted – adoption certificate
- If under the age of 21 years – evidence of consent by parents is required in the form of an affidavit stamped by the notary public
- All documents must be translated in English
We aim to make the day of your blessing a special one and therefore work closely with you to ensure that all goes exactly as you would wish. However, while we ask for your opinions and wishes, we also aim to make sure that we do the work, not you! A few brief meetings with our Coordinator are all that is necessary, and then you can sit back, relax and enjoy your holiday while all the organizing is done for you. Our local Pastor, who comes from a Baptist Church, conducts the Ceremony. Ceremonies can be arranged Monday – Saturday and are held in the afternoon. The date selected is subject to the Pastor’s availability and consent.
As we want your day to be special and not conflict with a Turtle Bay wedding, sometimes the first date selected may not always be available. In this regard, we ask you to let us have three optional dates. The ceremony is held in the Club grounds, and can be arranged either in the garden or on the beach. Ceremonies on the beach are seasonal due to the high winds experienced during the months of April to October. For each individual ceremony, a bower made of palm fronds decorated with fresh tropical flowers is built.
Your Blessing can be as formal or informal, as you like. We have a resident hairdresser who will be happy to style your hair for you for a small fee.
We have resident tailors at the hotel, so if you would like a Kenyan outfit that is generally cooler and more suited to the climate, we will be happy to design and make your clothes for you. You can choose the fabric and style that best suits you. The cost of these outfits varies but as an indication, a smart vest made out of the traditional, brightly coloured cotton kikoi, is approximately UK£20.
We also offer the option of having a reception for you. It can be held in the Club’s beachfront Blue Turtle Restaurant. Sparkling wine and a cake, if requested, are served at this time.
For dinner that evening, the choice is yours. Either the Blue Turtle Restaurant or the main dining room is available, where specially decorated tables and chairs are ready for you.
A direct booking with us for the Blessing is UK£250. The package includes:
- Two bottles of Sparkling wine
- A cake for 6 – 8 people
- Dinner (Table d’hote)
- The Pastor’s services,
- Church Choir
- Floral decorations
We also offer optional extra items such as flower bouquets, buttonholes and a photographer and video among others, if requested.
Please let us know if we can do anything to help ensure that your Blessing day is a special one and one that, you will remember in the years to come.
We look forward to welcoming you to Turtle Bay Beach Club.
Please note that the Blessing ceremony is not legally binding.