Chicken salad never had it so good as in this lemon basil chicken caesar salad sandwich! I am a fan of chicken salads where chicken is served in a light, usually mayo based, and dressing along with extras and for a twist I enjoy using a caesar salad dressing as the dressing, especially when it's a homemade one! Since it's summer I like to add some seasonal flavours like lemon and basil which add an amazingly light brightness to the dressing that just screams summer! These lemon basil chicken caesar salad sandwiches are the perfect summer lunch food whether for at home, at work, at a picnic or even on the beach!
Use poached chicken, or slow cooker chicken for suer easy pulled chicken!
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes Servings: 4
Light and summer-y lemon basil chicken caesar salad sandwiches with juicy tomatoes and bacon!
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk or milk
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded boneless and skinless
- 4 buns
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crispy
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 slices tomato
- Mix everything and enjoy!
- Mix the chicken with the 1/2 cup of the lemon basil caesar dressing.
- Assemble the sandwiches and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: Calories 679, Fat 45g (Saturated 15g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 135mg, Sodium 979mg, Carbs 26g (Fiber 1g, Sugars 6g), Protein 39g